The iPhone cameras have fantastic photo and video skills. Owing to the premium quality of images clicked on iPhones, people usually end up taking thousands of pictures and videos. If you want to make more space on your iPhone, then you can just import photos to your computer. While backing up photos on the cloud is a secure option, what do you do when you don’t have internet? Well, you can easily transfer photos and videos from your iPhone to your Windows 10 computer by connecting them with a USB cable.
How to import photos from an iOS device using the Windows 10 Photos App
- You will have to connect the iPhone to the Windows 10 computer. For that purpose, utilize the USB charging cable of your iPhone.
- Now, unlock the phone using either the Touch ID or passcode.
- After that, you will receive a prompt asking if you trust this computer.
- Tap on the Trust option. Now, the connected system can access all the iPhone data and settings when connected.
- Go to your PC and press the Windows key or click on the Start button.
- In the Start menu, click on Photos.
- When the Photos app opens, click on the Import button located in the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- From the pull-down menu, select the “On another device” option.
- Choose the images you wish to import. When you select an image, you will be able to see a blue tick in the upper right corner of its preview.
- For transferring all the media (images and videos), click on the Select All option at the upper side of the screen.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Hit the blue Import Selected button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, the images will start getting transferred from the iPhone.
- If you want, you can click on the square located next to “Delete transferred items from the iPhone after importing.” You can do this if you do not wish to keep the original items on your phone.
Ava Williams is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Harry Williams has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.