Logging out from Facebook Messenger is a confusing task for many users especially for the Android ones. Facebook didn’t provide the option to log out into Messenger app for Android. Android users have only the option of “Switch account” with this option they can switch between accounts. If you also want to disconnect your account from Facebook Messenger and facing trouble in logging out from Facebook Messenger then here are some ways given you can use to Log Out.
Way 1: Logging out through your PC
This way of logging out from Facebook Messenger is applicable for all Facebook Messenger user either they use Messenger on iPhone, Android or on any other device. Because there is no option of ‘Log out’ in Messenger of Android. So, Android users can use this method to log out from Facebook Messenger.
Follow below steps:
1. Open ‘Desktop’ browser.
2. Go to ‘Facebook account Sign in page’.
3. Use your ‘Account username and Password’ for login.
4. Now, click on ‘Downward facing arrow’ at the upper-right corner of the screen to open a drop-down menu.
5. Click ‘Settings’ from the list. This will open Settings menu at the left side panel of your screen.
6. Click on ‘Security and login’ just below General on the left side Settings menu panel. This will open all your account’s logged in details at the right side of your screen.
7. Find the messenger login detail under the list below ‘Where you’re logged in’.
8. Now, click on ‘Three dots’ right of its name.
9. And then click ‘Log out’.
Finally, you’re logged out from the Facebook messenger. You can check it on your Messenger app.
Way 2: Logging out through the Facebook app
This method is also similar to the above method, but this method doesn’t require the use of the computer. Users can directly log out from their mobile. All you need is the Facebook official app of your phone. If you don’t have it on your phone, then you can download and install it from App Store or Play Store of your device. This method is also applicable for both iPhone and Android user. Here is how to do this,
1. Open ‘Facebook app’ on your mobile.
2. Enter ‘Username and password’ of the account you want to disconnect from Messenger.
3. And ‘Sign in’.
4. Tap on ‘Hamburger icon’. On”Android” it is at the top of your device screen, and on “iPhone” it is at the bottom of the screen.
5. Scroll down into the menu and tap on ‘Settings & Privacy’. This will open your account settings.
6. Under “Settings” go to the Security section.
7. And, tap on ‘Security and Login’ option just below to the Security heading.
8. Find heading ‘Where you’re Logged in’ into Security and Login screen. Here is the list of all the devices with login details on which you’ve logged in with your account.
9. Tap on ‘See More’ to view the full list.
10. Find your messenger login detail into the list.
11. And click on ‘Three dots’ right of its name.
12. Now, tap on ‘Log Out’ from the opened menu.
Now, the Messenger’s log in detail will disappear from the ‘Where you’re Logged in’ list. It means that you’ve successfully disconnected your account from Messenger. For confirmation, you can check it on Messenger.
Ava Williams is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the